The Politie Office Central Ransomware spreads through spam emails, compromised web pages, p2p sharing, and visiting illegal web pages. This dangerous ransomware can block your computer, and you will be asked to pay a certain amount of fine to unlock your computer. Once it is installed on any computer, it will run fake alerts, and pop-up ads threaten the user. Normally you will receive a message which tells you that you are involved in visiting the child pornographic websites, and you have to pay the fine to Police of Norway for this crime. Mostly the amount of fine is $100, in some cases they even asks you to pay more.
How to Remove Politie Office Central Ransomware manually?
You can remove Politie Office Central Ransomware through both ways, automatically as well as manually. People prefer the automatic removal method to get rid of this parasite because it is easy and comfortable way of removing this; however, you can remove this stubborn virus manually too by using the following instructions:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
The manual removal process starts from starting the computer in the safe mode. You have to terminate the normal mode of the infected PC, by restarting it, and change the boot preferences from the boot options which can be seen by using the F8 key while the computer is in restarting process. Once the boot options are visible on your screen, you have to select the safe mode and hit the enter key.
Delete the Malicious Processes
After getting restarted your computer in the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab to see the list of running processes. You have to find as well as delete the following processes from the list by selecting that process, and clicking on the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
One of the important things in this manual removal process is to delete the associated files and folders. You have to look for the following files in this regard:-
- %Desktopdir%\Politie Office Central virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Politie Office Central virus\Politie Office Central virus.lnk
Clean the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, select the Run option, type regedit and press ok to start the registry editor. You have to find and delete the following associated entries. :-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Politie Office Central virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Politie Office Central virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Politie Office Central virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Politie Office Central virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Politie Office Central virus\DisplayName Politie Office Central virus
Close the registry editor before restarting the machine in the normal mode. You have to update the existing antivirus program, and run a scan on your system.