The Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus is a dangerous computer virus that belongs from the Trojan family of viruses and categorized as a ransomware. Once installed on any windows based system, it completely locks down the computer and you cannot access your files at all. Instead of that, you will only see a pop-up message on your screen that shows you are involved in an illegal activity due to which you cannot access your computer unless you pay a fine of certain amount. You must understand that this is a fake program and even if you pay the said amount, your system will never be unlocked by these cyber crooks. You will lose your hard earned money as well as confidential data which can be used in the cyber crimes. This malicious application should be removed through any effective method as soon as it enters in the system.
The Manual Removal of Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus
One of the first thing which you need to do after confirming the presence of the Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus is, you have to delete this virus effectively. There are both automatic as well as manual methods are available to remove this deadly dangerous ransomware. The manual removal method is only recommended to the advanced level computer users.
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before going through the steps of manual removal of Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus, you have to restart the computer, and use the F8 button repeatedly to see the options regarding booting. Select the safe mode option from the list of available options and press the enter key to terminate the normal mode, and restart the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
After restarting the system in the safe mode, you have to delete the associated processes of this threat. These malicious processes are visible under the processes tab in the windows task manager which can be accessed through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. You have to delete the following malicious processes related to the malicious application:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Access the system files folder and remove the following associated files of this virus along with the folders:-
- %Desktopdir%\Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus virus\Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
This complicated manual removal process of the Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus is completed when you remove the malicious additions and modifications from the windows registry. You can do this job by accessing the registry editor through RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed you have to remove the following entries immediately and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus virus\DisplayName Poliisin Tekniikkakeskus virus
Run a complete system scan through your existing antivirus program after restarting the computer in the normal mode.