The Policijos Virus is a nasty ransomware developed by the hackers to display the fake legal alerts on the screen of the infected computer. Once installed on any system, it locks the computer completely, and you are unable to access the normal desktop. The Policijos Virus presents itself as an official program of the Lithuanian Criminal Police Bureau. The messages say that the system is locked because you are involved in some illegal online activities such as a violation of the copyrights, or viewing porn websites. This malicious application often spreads through a dangerous Trojan which is referred as RansomLock. The hackers distribute this infection via compromised websites, spam emails, and file sharing networks. It downloads the malicious associated files on the system, and remove some of the important system files. You will aloes see your IP address, exact location, as well as other personal information to make you believe that the message is sent by the authorities.
Removal of Policijos Virus
Once this malicious application attacks your computer, it will block your access and cause severe damage to the system. In order to remove this infection from your system completely, you either have to select any reliable automatic tool, or by following the complicated steps of the manual removal process. The instructions for the manual removal of this ransomware are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to boot the computer in the safe mode so that you can access the task manager as well as the registry editor. Strike the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options screen while the system is restarted. Select the Safe Mode option after accessing the boot options menu, and select the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to end the malicious processes associated with this dangerous ransomware. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background. You have to kill the following processes from the list by using the End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following suspicious files as quickly as possible:-
- %Desktopdir%\Policijos Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Policijos Virus\Policijos Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the infections from the windows registry to complete the manual removal method. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit.exe before pressing the OK button. Get rid of the following corrupt entries associated with the :- Policijos Virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Policijos Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Policijos Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Policijos Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Policijos Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Policijos Virus\DisplayName Policijos Virus
After completing the process, it is time to check the success of the method by restarting the system in the normal mode.