The Policesitewatch.org is a malicious application falls under the category of ransomware infections that sneaks in the windows based computers, and locks down the system completely. The Policesitewatch.org corrupts the important system applications including the MS Office, browsers, Photoshop, and other important software. The most common ways of getting infected from this nasty ransomware is by accepting the online offers from unknown sources. Besides that, this infection also spreads through compromised websites. Once installed, it performs several unwanted actions, and makes a number of changes in the system settings without your consent including the home page, desktop background, and default search engine. The cyber crooks can get the remote access of your PC by using this ransomware infection. It changes the default windows firewall settings to open the backdoor for the additional parasites. The speed of the system got affected significantly because of the presence of this malicious application.
Removal of Policesitewatch.org
The Policesitewatch.org ransomware infection is developed with multilayer coding that can be extremely dangerous and cannot remove through normal antivirus and traditional removal methods. The automatic removal method is the easiest way of getting rid of this malicious application. Besides that, the manual removal of the Policesitewatch.org is also possible yet extremely complicated that is only recommended to the experienced computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot start the manual removal process unless the system is running in the normal mode; therefore, it is compulsory to boot the system in the safe mode. You have to reboot the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted in order to access the boot options menu. Select the Safe Mode option by using the arrow keys from the boot options menu before pressing the Enter key to access the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step of the manual removal process, you have to remove the associated processes of the Policesitewatch.org from the task manager. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to find the suspicious processes associated with the Policesitewatch.org. You have to end the following suspicious processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following malicious files along with their folders by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Policesitewatch.org.lnk
- %Programs%\ Policesitewatch.org\ Policesitewatch.org.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the final step of this process, you need to clean the windows registry. Access the registry editor through RegEdit command that can be executed through Run option available in the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following corrupt entries associated with this lethal ransomware virus from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Policesitewatch.org\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Policesitewatch.org
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Policesitewatch.org\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Policesitewatch.org\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Policesitewatch.org\DisplayName Policesitewatch.org
Close the registry editor and restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes.