The Police-service.net is a malicious domain that is managed by notorious hackers to distribute different ransomware infections. This malicious application is always bundled with parasites such as spyware, Trojans, browser hijackers, and adware. Once this ransomware enters in the system, it locks down your browser, and shows you the message in which it is stated that you are involved in any criminal activities, or violated the cyber laws due to which you have to pay the fine amount of $300 to unlock the system, and avoid further legal action against you. Whenever you try to open a website, you will be diverted towards the screen showing this warning message, and you are unable to unlock your browser. Keep in mind that even if you pay the amount of fine, your browser will never unlock. This nasty ransomware also makes your system super slow by downloading malicious codes, and utilizing a high percentage of the system resources.
Removal of Police-service.net
After discovering the Police-service.net ransomware infection in your PC, you have to remove this virus in a way that it will never return. For the basic level users there are various automatic removal tools available. Apart from that, the manual removal of this infection is also available in this regard. Following are the steps involved in the manual removal process:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Open the computer in the safe mode before starting the manual removal of this ransomware. In this regard, you have to simply restart the PC, and access the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. After accessing the boot options, select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key to access the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and once you are able to see the task manager, click on the processes tab where you can see all the processes running in the background. Remove the following associated processes of the Police-service.net infection before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are done with the removal of associated processes, you have to get rid of the following suspicious files associated with the Police-service.net by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Police-service.net Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Police-service.net Virus\Police-service.net Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the final step of this process, you have to remove the suspicious entries from the windows registry. In this regard, you have to execute the Regedit command by selecting the Run option in the Start menu. Delete the following malicious entries associated with the Police-service.net after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Police-service.net Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Police-service.net Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Police-service.net Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Police-service.net Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Police-service.net Virus\DisplayName Police-service.net Virus
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to boot the computer in the normal mode and see if the virus is removed successfully or still available.