The Police-save.second-shine.com is a scary redirect virus that is designed and distributed by the notorious cyber crooks to infect the systems using the windows operating system. Once installed on any system without the permission of the user, it redirect all the web searches of the user towards harmful websites. The Police-save.second-shine.com also used by the hackers to track the online behaviors of the user, and steal the highly confidential details of the users. This malicious application makes your PC completely inaccessible because of that, you are unable to perform any task on the system. After settling down in the system, it modifies the Master Boot Record, alter the windows registry, and corrupt the crucial system files. You cannot detect or remove this nasty infection through normal antivirus as it hide itself deep in the roots of the system files folder. The hackers use this virus as a tool to make money through illegal, as well as unethical activities. It records the browsing sessions of the targeted users, and steal the logins, passwords, and credit card numbers secretly.
Removal of Police-save.second-shine.com
After realizing the presence of the Police-save.second-shine.com infection, you have to find a way to get rid of this virus completely. You can remove this computer worm with the help of the automatic removal tools through which you can delete this infection completely within no time. The manual method is complicated and only recommended for the advanced level users that is described as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal instructions can be executed after accessing the safe mode on the system. In this regard, restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options screen. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the Safe Mode option before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Delete the associated processes of the Police-save.second-shine.com. In this regard, access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following suspicious processes as soon as possible:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder as early as possible:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Police-save.second-shine.com.lnk
- %Programs%\ Police-save.second-shine.com\ Police-save.second-shine.com.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this lengthy process is, remove the modifications made by this infection in the registry section of your windows operating system. Execute the RegEdit command through the Run option of Start Menu to access the registry editor. Remove the following corrupt entries from the windows registry by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Police-save.second-shine.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Police-save.second-shine.com
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Police-save.second-shine.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Police-save.second-shine.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Police-save.second-shine.com\DisplayName Police-save.second-shine.com
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to evaluate the success of the manual removal efforts. If the virus is removed successfully, run a complete system scan through any updated antivirus program.