The Police-save.empirehydrogen.org is recently developed, and distributed computer worm that is classified as a vicious browser hijacker that sneaks in the computers using windows operating system without getting the permission from the users, and performs several unwanted activities. The Police-save.empirehydrogen.org enters in the computer when the user opens the spam email attachments, or visits the compromised web pages. Once this malicious application slips in the system, it immediately changes some of the basic browser settings including the home page, default search provider, and desktop background. Once installed on the system, the Police-save.empirehydrogen.org displays annoying pop-up ads on the screen, and keeps diverting all your searches towards unknown websites. If you failed to remove this computer worm from the system quickly, it starts removing the important system files which results in weird behavior of your system. It blocks the task manager, and registry editor to avoid any detection or removal effort. After changing 6the browser settings, the hackers use this virus to access the crucial personal details, and use these details in online financial frauds.
Removal of Police-save.empirehydrogen.org
After knowing that your system becomes a victim of the Police-save.empirehydrogen.org virus, you have to think how to get rid of this malicious application quickly. There are a number of automatic tools available in this regard through which you can delete this infection completely. Besides that, this it can also be removed manually by following the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal process it is obligatory to start the system in the safe mode. You have to restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to open the boot options menu. After accessing the boot options, select the Safe Mode option before pressing the Enter key to access the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and under the task manager window you need to click on the processes tab to find the suspicious processes associated with the Police-save.empirehydrogen.org. Kill the following corrupt processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you successfully removed the associated processes of this infection, you have to delete of the following associated files of the Police-save.empirehydrogen.org:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Police-save.empirehydrogen.org.lnk
- %Programs%\ Police-save.empirehydrogen.org\ Police-save.empirehydrogen.org.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to normalize the windows registry by reversing the modifications made by this virus. Open the registry editor through RegEdit command that can be executed through Run option available in the Start menu. Remove the following entries associated with the Police-save.empirehydrogen.org from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Police-save.empirehydrogen.org\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Police-save.empirehydrogen.org
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Police-save.empirehydrogen.org\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Police-save.empirehydrogen.org\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Police-save.empirehydrogen.org\DisplayName Police-save.empirehydrogen.org
Once all of the above mentioned steps complete, you need to check the success or the failure of the manual removal efforts by restarting the system in the normal mode.