The Plus Network Search is a malicious application that present itself as a legitimate search engine but actually this is nothing more than a deadly dangerous infection that can ruin your system files as well resources. At first look, this application just looks like Google search engine, and innocent computer users trapped in that. Once installed, the Plus Network Search changes all your browser settings, and your home page, default search engine as well as other settings are changed towards the website of the Plus Network Search. Whenever you try to open any website, you will be redirected towards unknown promotional websites. You will also experience the frequent crashes of your browser, and the speed of the internet also affects badly. This lethal browser hijacker is used by the hackers to access the confidential financial data of the selected users, and then use this information to steal the money of these users. Besides that, this tool is also used to display commercial ads and promote the affiliate products in order to earn commissions.
The Manual Removal of Plus Network Search
Once it is confirmed that Plus Network Search is present inside your computer, you have to delete this browser hijacker effectively and efficiently either by using any reliable automatic removal tool or manually. The manual removal of this virus has been possible yet very complicated process; therefore, it is only recommended for the experienced computer users. The steps involved in the manual removal method are detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
First of all, you have to restart the computer to end the normal mode of of your system. While the system is restarted, use the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode and press the enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to access the windows task manager and select the processes tab where you can see the list of running processes. You have to find as well as delete the following malicious processes associated with this virus by selecting the process one by one and using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Access the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files from there :-
- %Desktopdir%\Plus network search.lnk
- %Programs%\Plus network search\Plus network search.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this lengthy and complicated manual removal process is reverse the changes done by this infection in the windows registry. You can do this by accessing the registry editor by clicking on the Start menu, select Run, and type Regedit. Remove the following suspicious entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Plus network search\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Plus network search
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Plus network search\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Plus network search\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Plus network search\DisplayName Plus network search
Restart the system in the normal mode and run a complete system scan through your existing antivirus program.