The PitiSoft.com popup is a malicious application that presents itself as a legitimate search engine, but in reality this is nothing more than a computer virus that possess the attributes of browser hijacker as well as adware infections. This nasty infection is developed as well as distributed by the international hackers to promote certain affiliate websites in order to promote some products and make commissions from the affiliate sales. Apart from that, the PitiSoft.com popup virus is also a potential threat for the privacy of your sensitive personal information, and financial details. This malicious application often invaded the system while downloading a PDF creator, watching live streaming, and unsafe browsing. The PitiSoft.com popup is also used by the hackers to show advertising banners, and redirect your searches towards low ranked websites.
Removal of PitiSoft.com popup
As soon as you realized that the PitiSoft.com popup is present in the system, you have to decide whether you want to get rid of this browser hijacker through automatic removal tools, or by following the complicated steps of the manual removal. As a novice user, we recommend you the automatic method, but if you want to go for the manual removal of this stubborn infection, following are the steps you have to complete:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
These types of stubborn computer infections cannot be removed by remaining in the normal mode of operation; therefore, you have to boot the system in the safe mode before executing the steps of manual removal process. Restart the computer, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option from the list of options, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to start the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. In the task manager window you have to click on the Processes tab, where you have to end the following malicious processes associated with the PitiSoft.com popup before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files associated with the PitiSoft.com popup virus by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\PitiSoft.com pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\PitiSoft.com pop-up ads\PitiSoft.com pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, clean the windows registry by removing the suspicious entries created by this nasty browser hijacker. Open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Get rid of the following corrupt entries associated with the PitiSoft.com popup before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PitiSoft.com pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PitiSoft.com pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PitiSoft.com pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PitiSoft.com pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PitiSoft.com pop-up ads\DisplayName PitiSoft.com pop-up ads
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to get rid of this nasty infection. Run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus program.