The PConverter B3 Toolbar is a malicious computer virus that is classified as a browser hijacker that also has the traits of the rogue application. Once this nasty browser hijacker enters in any system, it starts showing the tons of pop-up messages on the screen of the system, and most of these ads are related to commercial purposes to promote the low ranked affiliate sites. This nasty infection often bundled with the free downloads, and some free online games. After settling down in the windows based computer, it immediately modifies the basic settings, including the home page, desktop, and default search provider in order to take the control of your browsing. You are unable to open the websites of your choice as it keeps diverting you towards unknown websites. Some of the notorious hackers use this virus as a tool to generate traffic on the websites, and make money from pay per click programs. The PConverter B3 Toolbar extracts the private information from your computer and transfer it to the hackers who uses it in the cyber frauds.
Removal of PConverter B3 Toolbar
The PConverter B3 Toolbar is a dangerous browser hijacker that can make your system completely inaccessible, and you should remove this malicious application as a top priority. There are some automatic tools available to get rid of this nasty virus quickly; however, you can also remove this virus manually by executing the following set of instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the machine and access the boot options menu by pressing the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the Safe Mode option, and press the enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step, you have to get rid of the associated processes of the PConverter B3 Toolbar. Access the windows task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager is accessed, select the Processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background of your PC. You have to get rid of the following processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to find as well as delete the following suspicious files from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\PConverter B3 Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\PConverter B3 Toolbar\PConverter B3 Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, clean the windows registry by removing the suspicious entries. In this regard, open the registry editor by by executing the RegEdit.exe command through Run option available in the Start Menu. Remove the following associated entries of the PConverter B3 Toolbar, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PConverter B3 Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PConverter B3 Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PConverter B3 Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PConverter B3 Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PConverter B3 Toolbar\DisplayName PConverter B3 Toolbar
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes, and run a system scan from the main interface of your computer.