The PC Registry Shield virus is a newly discovered computer infection that presents itself as a legitimate security software but in reality this is nothing but a harmful program that can make your system completely useless if not removed quickly. This malicious application is classified as a rogue program that start performing the fake scans on the system and threatens the user to buy the licensed or paid version of this virus, in order to remove the so called errors from the system. It modifies the startup keys in the windows registry due to which this program starts automatically every time you start the windows. The cyber crooks designed this infection in a way that it will never fail to trap the users to buy the paid version, and resultantly, the users not only lose their money, but they also transfer the personal details to these notorious cyber criminals who uses it in the frauds.
The Manual Removal of PC Registry Shield virus
Once you are able to found the PC Registry Shield virus in your system, you have to remove this virus completely through an effective removal method. Removing the infection through any reliable automatic removal tools is the ideal option for the novice users. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available which is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Select the restart from the start menu, and press the F8 key to access the boot menu while the system is restarted. Highlight the Safe Mode option in the boot options menu before hitting the Enter key to boot the infected system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to select the Processes tab in the task manager window which can be accessed through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Get rid of the following associated processes of the PC Registry Shield virus, before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder from the file explorer and remove the following malicious files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\PC Registry Shield virus.lnk
- %Programs%\PC Registry Shield virus\PC Registry Shield virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Do not forget to remove the associated entries of the PC Registry Shield virus from the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run and type regedit.exe in the box before pressing the OK button. Delete the following entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC Registry Shield virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC Registry Shield virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC Registry Shield virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC Registry Shield virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC Registry Shield virus\DisplayName PC Registry Shield virus
Close the registry editor and run a complete system scan from the main interface window of your antivirus program after restarting the system in the normal mode.