The PC Health Kit is just another fake application that present itself as a legitimate software program, and sneaks in the computers without providing information to the users. Like all other fake antivirus programs, the PC Health Kit infection also performs fake scans after installed on any computer and show fake results of that so called scan which shows that the PC has numerous errors, and at high risk. This malicious application also blocks your access to connect to the internet, and force you to buy the licensed version of this fake software. The PC Health Kit virus also blocks your genuine antivirus program due to which you are unable to detect or remove this virus.
The Manual Removal of PC Health Kit
Once the PC Health Kit virus entered in the computer, you need to remove it quickly as well as effectively to protect the data stored on the computer and system resources. Toy can perform the removal of this fake antivirus program through any reliable automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal method of this malicious application is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the system, and use the F8 key while the machine is restarted to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option and press the Enter key. This action will boot the computer in the safe mode after terminating the normal mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step is killing the malicious processes associated with this virus which can be done after accessing the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once you are able to see the task manager window on the screen, you have to select the processes tab, and end the following processes one by one:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to delete the following associated data from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\PC Health Kit virus.lnk
- %Programs%\PC Health Kit virus\PC Health Kit virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are also required to clean the windows registry to complete the manual removal process of the PC Health Kit infection. Access the registry editor by using the “RegEdit” command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start Menu. Remove the following malicious entries once the registry editor is accessible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC Health Kit virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC Health Kit virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC Health Kit virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC Health Kit virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC Health Kit virus\DisplayName PC Health Kit virus
Restart your PC in the normal mode after closing the registry editor window, to see the result of the manual removal efforts. Run a system scan through the updated version of your current antivirus program to remove the infections caused by this virus.