The Packed.Win32.Krap.ar is an advanced level computer infection that is designed with the highly sophisticated codes. It is reported that the Packed.Win32.Krap.ar has infected thousands of windows operating system computers in the past few months. This malicious application is classified as a Trojan infection and always sneaks in the system without providing any prior hint to the user. The hackers use this virus as a tool to access the data folders saved in the targeted computers and try to steal the confidential data related to the financial information of the user. Apart from that, the Packed.Win32.Krap.ar is also responsible of changing the browser settings to monitor the online activity of the users. After monitoring your browsing trends, it start showing the annoying pop-up alerts regarding promotion of the affiliate sites. Once you click on any of these pop-up alert either accidently or willingly, you will be diverted towards these low ranked sites. It also changes the security settings of the infected PC to open a backdoor in the system. The speed of the system also slows down because of the presence of the Packed.Win32.Krap.ar.
Removal of Packed.Win32.Krap.ar
As soon as you found the Packed.Win32.Krap.ar Trojan infection on the system, you have to find an effective method to remove this infection. There are some reliable automatic tools available that are easy to use, and provide fast results. The manual removal of this infection is possible, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all boot the infected machine in the safe mode so that the manual removal execution can be started. In this regard, restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted, to see the list of boot options. Once the boot options displayed on the screen, you have to strike the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option from the list.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your system. Delete the following suspicious processes one by one by using the End Process button before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to remove the following associated data of the Packed.Win32.Krap.ar from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit”. After accessing the registry editor, you have to eliminate the following associated entries of the Packed.Win32.Krap.ar:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Packed.Win32.Krap.ar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Packed.Win32.Krap.ar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Packed.Win32.Krap.ar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Packed.Win32.Krap.ar\DisplayName Packed.Win32.Krap.ar
Close the registry editor and restart the computer in the normal mode. Run a system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.