The Ouc.pageimage.net popups is a lethal redirect virus that often sneaks in the system without the consent of the owner, and directly affect the online activities of the user. The developers of this dangerous adware program make money through pay per clicks program as most of your searches will be redirected towards their affiliate sites. This malicious application modifies all the system settings related to the internet to gain full control of the browser, and also changes the DNS settings. Besides that, the Ouc.pageimage.net popups also limit your access towards your important data files, as well as some important system utilities like task manager, and windows firewall. The overall performance of the system also degrades manifold due to the presence of this lethal adware infection.
The Manual Removal of Ouc.pageimage.net popups
Once you discover that the Ouc.pageimage.net popups is present in the system, you have to address this issue immediately. There are some reliable automatic removal tool available to get rid of this infection not only swiftly, but also effectively. The manual removal process is another option that you can try; however, the success of the manual method depends on your experience of removing such threats in the past. The steps involved in the manual removal of the Ouc.pageimage.net popups are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
One of the pre-requisites of the manual removal process is booting the system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode of operation. Restart the infected computer, and keep hitting the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option from the menu, and press the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of the manual removal process is killing of the associated processes of the Ouc.pageimage.net popups infection. After accessing the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, you have to click on the Processes tab in the task manager window. Remove the below mentioned suspicious processes from the list by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated process, you have to get rid of the files and folders that are associated with the Ouc.pageimage.net popups. In this regard, you have to delete the following files hidden in the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Ouc.pageimage.net pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Ouc.pageimage.net pop-up ads\Ouc.pageimage.net pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Select the start menu, click on the Run option and write “regedit.exe” in the box to access the registry editor. Find and delete the following suspicious entries from the windows registry before Closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ouc.pageimage.net pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ouc.pageimage.net pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ouc.pageimage.net pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ouc.pageimage.net pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ouc.pageimage.net pop-up ads\DisplayName Ouc.pageimage.net pop-up ads
You are also required to run a full system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus program after booting the system in the normal mode.