The Othersa.info virus is one of the most lethal computer infection discovered recently that has attacked hundreds of computers. The Othersa.info is a dangerous computer virus that is categorized as a tricky browser hijacker, and enters in the computers without getting permission from the users. Once sneaks in the computer, the Othersa.info hijacks the browser in order to control the browsing activities of the targeted users. Whenever you try to write something in the search box, your search engine does not show you the real results of that search, instead of that you are only able to see the redirected links that are used by this virus for commercial purposes. This malicious browser hijacker is developed by the cyber crooks through sophisticated code due to which it is impossible to detect or remove it through the normal antivirus program.
The Manual Removal of Othersa.info
After getting infected with the Othersa.info virus, you have to clean the system by removing this lethal infection completely. There are some powerful automatic tools available through which you can delete this browser hijacker quickly as well as easily. Besides that, the manual removal of this virus is also possible that consists of the steps mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before proceeding to the manual removal of this malicious browser hijacker, you have to start operating the system in the safe mode. This can be done by restarting the system, and use F8 key to access the boot options menu. You have to select the safe mode option and press the enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
To remove the malicious processes associated with the Othersa.info virus you have to access the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager is accessed you have to remove the following processes that are available under the processes tab:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After removing the malicious processes of this virus successfully you have to delete the following associated files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Othersa.info virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Othersa.info virus\Othersa.info virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal process you have to remove the alteration, and additions performed by this infection in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to click on the Start Menu, select Run, and type regedit in the box before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to remove the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Othersa.info virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Othersa.info virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Othersa.info virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Othersa.info virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Othersa.info virus\DisplayName Othersa.info virus
Close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes. Don’t forget to run a complete system scan through the updated version of your existing antivirus program.