The Openadserving.com is a fake website that is created for the purpose of scams, and attacked thousands of computers all over the world. This malicious application is categorized as a browser hijacker that can hijack all the popular browser like Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This dangerous virus is capable of changing the settings of your browser such as homepage, and default browser< besides that this malicious browser hijacker has also changed the DNS settings of your computer. This tricky virus is developed with the intention to steal the most confidential information including the financial details about the users. The hackers, and online criminals steal this crucial data in order to use it for the fraudulent purposes. All this activity will be carried out without the permission or knowledge of the users. Once installed, the Openadserving.com, start using the system resources, resultantly, the PC becomes slow, and crash frequently. This browser hijacker also opens the backdoor for the additional malware by changing the security settings of the computer. It is not possible to detect or remove this browser hijacker with the help of any antivirus software.
The Manual Removal of Openadserving.com
Once your system becomes the victim of the Openadserving.com, you have to find a way to get rid of this virus . You can delete this dangerous browser hijacker manually, as well as automatically. The chances of the success of manual removal depend on the experience of the user. Following are the instructions for manual removal of this infection:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the system and press F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are accessed, you have to select the safe mode option and hit the enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
After starting the system in the safe mode, now you can proceed to remove the suspicious processes attached to this virus. In order to see all the running processes you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab. Delete the following malicious processes from the list by selecting them one by one and pressing the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of this process is the removal of associated data. Delete the following files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this process is cleaning of the windows registry. In this regard, you have to open the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the windows registry. Once you have opened the registry editor, find and delete the following suspicious entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Openadserving.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Openadserving.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Openadserving.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Openadserving.com\DisplayName Openadserving.com
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the success of the manual removal process.