The OnlineWebFind.com Pop-up Ads is a malicious application classified as an adware program that is specifically designed to destroy the windows based computers. This nasty adware always enters in the system without providing any prior information to the user, and once this infection able to break the security of your PC, it starts performing its destructive activities without your knowledge. It presents itself as a useful tool that helps you in enhancing your browsing experience, but this has nothing to do with it. The purpose of this adware is to collect your personal details, and transfer it to the third party who can use it for the fraudulent purposes. It is also capable of dropping other dangerous parasites, including the malware, spyware, and Trojans.
Removal of OnlineWebFind.com Pop-up Ads
Once you become the victim of the OnlineWebFind.com Pop-up Ads adware, you must remove this infection without wasting a single minute. You can eradicate this virus by choosing a powerful automatic tool that gives you guaranteed results. The manual removal method is also available to get rid of this adware infection. The steps involved in the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The complicated instructions of manual removal can be executed by only remaining in the safe mode of operation. You have to restart your computer to terminate the normal mode, and while the system is restarted, keep hitting the F8 key to access the boot options screen. Here you can see various options, from which you must select the Safe mode option, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you have to delete the following supported processes of the OnlineWebFind.com Pop-up Ads by using the “End Process” button: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the processes, you have to open the system files folder, and remove the following malicious files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Onlinewebfind.com Ads Pop-ups.lnk
- %Programs%\Onlinewebfind.com Ads Pop-ups\Onlinewebfind.com Ads Pop-ups.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To make the changes in the windows registry, you have to open the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed by Selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. Get rid of the following associated entries of this adware from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Onlinewebfind.com Ads Pop-ups\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Onlinewebfind.com Ads Pop-ups
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Onlinewebfind.com Ads Pop-ups\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Onlinewebfind.com Ads Pop-ups\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Onlinewebfind.com Ads Pop-ups\DisplayName Onlinewebfind.com Ads Pop-ups
Close the registry editor, and reboot the system in the normal mode to check the availability of this malicious application. Update your existing antivirus, and select the complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program.