The Onlineupgradenow.com is a malicious application that is specifically designed to harm the windows based computers. It is classified as a redirect virus that can infect all the major browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Once installed, the onlineupgradenow.com takes over your default browser, modify your default search engine, and redirect all your searches towards unknown places. Whenever you try to open a website, you will be automatically diverted towards strange websites, and unknown places. You will notice new toolbars on your browser window, and it also alters your homepage. This malicious application presents itself as a legitimate search engine, but actually this is a redirect virus that is wisely designed by the hackers to trap the innocent users and steal their confidential financial details. These details may include the bank account credentials, credit card details, and shopping preferences. All such personal details are then used to steal the money of the users through online frauds. The notorious hackers also use this infection as a tool to promote affiliate products and third party websites in order to gain the financial profits. It is also capable of manipulating the search results to divert traffic on the low ranked websites.
Manual Removal of Ads by Onlineupgradenow.com
Once this virus enters in the system, you have to remove it effectively to avoid any permanent damage to your resources or data. In this regard, you can get help from any reliable automatic removal tool. Besides that, you can also use the complicated instructions of the manual removal process according to the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove such stubborn infections by remaining in the normal mode of operation; therefore, it is important to access the safe mode. This can be done by using the F8 key while the system is restarting, and select the Safe Mod option from the boot options list.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Under the task manager window, you have to click on the processes tab to find as well as remove the following malicious processes associated with this infection: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and get rid of the following corrupt files associated with the onlineupgradenow.com:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to access the registry editor by running the RegEdit command through the Start Menu. You have to remove the following associated entries of the Onlineupgradenow.com, by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Onlineupgradenow.com\DisplayIcon%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Onlineupgradenow.com
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Onlineupgradenow.com\UninstallString“%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Onlineupgradenow.com\ShortcutPath“%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Onlineupgradenow.com\DisplayNameOnlineupgradenow.com
Restart the machine in the normal mode and see if the Grabsofts.com pop-up adware infection is removed completely or still available. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.