The Online.loginwinner.com is a newly release Trojan virus that is designed and developed by the cuber crooks to redirect all the searching efforts of the targeted users towards phishing websites for commercial purposes. The Online.loginwinner.com sneaks in the windows based computers without the consent of the user and remain resident if not removed effectively. This malicious application is categorized as a browser hijacker as it changes the settings of the browser immediately after getting installed on any system in order to take complete control of the browsing activities of the users. Once installed on any computer, it will show a number of pop-up ads and alerts that shows your computer is at high risk and it has many errors that needed to be fixed. When you try to fix these errors you will be asked to purchase a rogue application which is actually a trap. This application is actually a weapon of the hackers to steal the money of the selected users by accessing their personal information such as credit card details, bank account credentials, shopping preferences and passwords.
The Manual Removal of Online.loginwinner.com
Once it is confirmed that the PC is a victim of the Online.loginwinner.com virus, you have to leave whatever you are doing, and take necessary steps to remove that virus. This extremely dangerous computer virus can be removed both ways manually as well as automatically. If you are a novice user, the automatic removal is best for you; however, the manual removal instructions are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all you have to restart the infected computer and keep pressing the F8 key unless you cannot see the boot options screen. You have to select the safe mode option to reboot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After start working in the safe mode, you have to access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once you are able to see the task manager window on the screen you have to click on the Processes tab and remove the following suspicious processes associated with the Online.loginwinner.com:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next thing which you need to do is remove the associated files along with their folders from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal of the Online.loginwinner.com you are required to locate as well as remove the alterations, modifications, and changes in the windows registry. You have to access the registry editor by executing the “Regedit” command that can be run through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you can easily remove the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Online.loginwinner.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Online.loginwinner.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Online.loginwinner.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Online.loginwinner.com\DisplayName Online.loginwinner.com
Close the registry editor to boot the system in the normal mode and analyze the effectiveness of the manual removal process.