The OMG Music Toolbar is a nasty infection classified as a browser hijacker that sneaks in the computers without getting the permission from the users. The OMG Music Toolbar can infect most of the popular browsers including the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. The main purpose of developing this nasty browser hijacker is to stops you from surfing on the web freely. This lethal infection distributed through removable storage devices, unsafe browsing, and junk mail attachments. It creates the fake entries in the windows registry which makes it able to start automatically every time you open the system. You cannot detect this advanced level browser hijacker through your antivirus program. Once installed, this malicious application makes your computer super slow while surfing on the web. Immediately after getting installed, it starts running the pop-up alerts to promote certain products from unknown suppliers to make commissions from affiliate sales.
Removal of OMG Music Toolbar
After getting infected from the OMG Music Toolbar virus, you need to remove it in a way that it will never return to your computer. There are some powerful automatic tools available that can get rid of this infection within no time. The manual removal process is a bit complicated for the novice users, and consists of the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is extremely important that you must boot the infected system in the safe mode before starting the manual removal process. In this regard, you have to select the restart from the start menu, and hit the F8 key to see the list of boot options. Choose the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to access the safe mode of your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode operation, you can move to the first step of this process which is removal of the associated processes. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and clicks on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your system. Remove the following malicious processes associated with the OMG Music Toolbar with the help of the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to get rid of the associated data of the OMG Music Toolbar. Open the system files folder through file explorer, and delete the following files as quickly as possible:-
- %Desktopdir%\OMG Music Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\OMG Music Toolbar\OMG Music Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the start menu, and write “regedit” in the box before pressing the Ok button. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the OMG Music Toolbar before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OMG Music Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OMG Music Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OMG Music Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OMG Music Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OMG Music Toolbar\DisplayName OMG Music Toolbar
Restart the computer in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus software.