The Okitagency Ads is a recently developed application that falls in the category of the browser hijackers, and sneaks in the computers without providing prior information. This malicious application is developed by the notorious hackers to promote some low ranked affiliate sites and access sensitive personal details of the selected users. Once this nasty browser hijacker installed on the system, you cannot access any of your data files, and most of your system files also got damaged. Once installed, it starts sending the annoying pop-up messages on the screen of your system. This nasty browser hijacker often acts like an adware infection and start showing the fake as well as misleading advertisement. Your homepage and default search provider are replaced once this infections settles down in the system. Whenever you want to search anything, you will receive fake results that divert you towards unwanted websites. Besides that, the task manager, registry editor, and the antivirus are also disabled because of this malicious application. This is a tool for the hackers to make money through deceptive advertising.
Removal of Okitagency Ads
Once you have discovered the Okitagency Ads on the system, you have to decide how to remove this virus in a way that it will never return. In this regard, there are both manual as well as automatic options available to get rid of this unwanted application. The automatic removal is ideal for the basic users as they can remove this virus with extreme ease through this method. On the other hand, the manual removal is possible yet complicated. Following are the detailed instructions of the manual removal process:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process of the Okitagency Ads started once you start the system in the safe mode. Restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to gain the access of the boot options screen. Select the safe mode options from the list before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode on the system, the next thing you have to do is remove the associated processes of the Okitagency Ads by using the task manager. Access the task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and remove the following suspicious processes associated with the Okitagency Ads:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer and proceed to the system files folder where you have to find as well as delete the following files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Okitagency Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Okitagency Ads\Okitagency Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last but not least, you have to clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt additions. In this regard, open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through “Run” option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Okitagency Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Okitagency Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Okitagency Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Okitagency Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Okitagency Ads\DisplayName Okitagency Ads
Reboot the system in the normal mode to and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus program.