The OffersWizzard popups is a nasty computer worm that is classified as an adware program that sneaks in the system while downloading any other free application. The OffersWizzard popups has got the keyloggers that record your keystrokes in order to steal your personal information. After collecting this precious information, it will be transferred to the remote server, which is managed by the hackers. Once installed on any computer, this malicious application starts displaying the annoying pop-up ads on the screen which makes it impossible for you to accomplish any task on your PC. This is an advanced level malware that is wisely designed by notorious hackers to take the complete control of the infected machine. It also hampers the windows registry due to which the system starts crashing frequently without any reason. Besides that, the speed of the system also got affected because of the presence of the OffersWizzard popups.
Removal of OffersWizzard popups
Once this malicious adware program enters in the system, you have to confirm its presence, and take some immediate steps to get rid of this virus. There are some good automatic tools available in this regard. Apart from automatic method, the manual removal process is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the steps of the manual removal, you need to boot the infected computer in the safe mode. Restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options. Once you can see the boot options on the screen, select the safe mode, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab under the task manager window where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your system. You have to find as well as delete the following associated processes of the OffersWizzard popups before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, proceed with the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious entries related to the OffersWizzard popups:-
- %Desktopdir%\OffersWizzard popups.lnk
- %Programs%\OffersWizzard popups\OffersWizzard popups.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to access the windows registry editor to remove the corrupt additions from the windows registry. Open the start menu, select the Run option, and write regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OffersWizzard popups\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OffersWizzard popups
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OffersWizzard popups\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OffersWizzard popups\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OffersWizzard popups\DisplayName OffersWizzard popups
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to check if the manual removal process is successful or otherwise. Run a complete system scan through your existing antivirus software to remove any infections caused by this virus.