The Object Browser ads is a nasty adware that is used by the cyber crooks to display tons of the pop-up ads on the screen of the infected PC. Most of these pop-up ads are related to the coupon deals and discounted offers. Once this malicious application enters in the system, it will start automatically whenever you open your browser. This nasty infection distributed through spam emails, compromised web pages, and freeware downloads. The Object Browser ads keep diverting your searches towards malicious websites where you can easily get more infections. Besides that, this virus makes a number of unwanted changes in the system that often causes unnecessary crashes, and screen freezes. Often users start thinking that this is a useful application that brings them the discounted offers to save their money, but in reality, this is nothing more than a trap set by the cyber crooks to take your money away.
Removal of Object Browser ads
As soon as this virus enters your system, it starts damaging the computer in a number of ways; therefore, it is important to remove this infection at your earliest. You can find many reliable automatic removal tools that are recommended for the novice users. Besides these automatic tools, the manual removal process is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to boot the computer in the safe mode before executing the instructions of the manual process. Restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options. Select the safe mode after accessing the boot options menu, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Start the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab under the task manager window to see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. You have to find as well as delete the following associated processes of the Object Browser ads before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, proceed with the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious entries associated with the Object Browser ads:-
- %Desktopdir%\Object Browser Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Object Browser Ads\Object Browser Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the windows registry editor to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, open the start menu, select the Run option, and write regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Object Browser Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Object Browser Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Object Browser Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Object Browser Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Object Browser Ads\DisplayName Object Browser Ads
Restart the computer in the normal mode to check if the manual removal process is successful or otherwise after completing the above mentioned instructions.