The Nvstech Toolbar is a malicious application that always installed on the targeted computers as a browser extension, and can infect all the popular browsers, including the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and the Internet Explorer. You will notice that the most of the browser settings are overhauled by this nasty computer infection without your consent, and the home page, search engine, desktop, as well as network settings is modified silently. The cyber crooks try to access the personal data folders, and steal the valuable information like credit card numbers, online banking credentials, and passwords by using this lethal browser extension. You will notice that the system performance is degrading continuously with each day passing, and the browser speed gets affected too. Your computer screen will be flooded with annoying pop-up ads because of this infection due to which you are unable to surf on the internet freely.
Removal of Nvstech Toolbar
The Nvstech Toolbar is a dangerous threat for the overall security of your computer. You have to remove this virus as soon as it arrives in the system. You can select any reliable automatic tool that can remove this malicious application within just a few clicks of the mouse. Apart from that, the manual removal of the Nvstech Toolbar is also possible that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the complicated steps of the manual removal, you need to access the safe mode operation on the infected machine. Restart the PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option through the arrow keys, and the Enter button.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to remove the processes associated with this toolbar infection. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager, and select the Processes tab. Find as well as remove the following corrupt processes from the list before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the Nvstech Toolbar by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\NvSTECH Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\NvSTECH Toolbar\NvSTECH Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed when you get rid of the corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option in the Start Menu. Remove of the following corrupt entries associated with the Nvstech Toolbar before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NvSTECH Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NvSTECH Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NvSTECH Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NvSTECH Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NvSTECH Toolbar\DisplayName NvSTECH Toolbar
Restart the system normally, to see how effectively you have followed the above mentioned instructions. Do not forget to run a system scan from the main interface of your antivirus application.