The ns.winupdate.24 is a dangerous computer worm that is classified as an adware program that has also the capabilities of the browser hijacker. This malicious application attacks the windows based computers secretly, and alters the basic internet settings without getting the permission of the user. It runs the annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your system frequently, and causes the system crashes. Moreover, it has the ability slows down the speed of the system by removing the important system files. Once installed, it modifies the homepage and default search engine on the system. The ns.winupdate.24.com is capable of taking over all types of browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer. The hackers trap the users to download an update of any useful software such as Flash Player, Java or FLV player, but keep in mind that this is a trap set for you. Once you press the download button, the hackers access your system remotely.
Once the nasty computer worm attacks the system, it .is impossible to remove this adware program by using the normal antivirus tools. There are some powerful automatic tools available to get rid of the ns.winupdate.24.com through which you can easily remove this infection. Apart from that, the manual removal method is also available which is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the computer, and press the F8 key continuously to access the boot options screen where you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key to access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to get rid of the associated processes of this adware infection. In this regard, you need to open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the processes tab in the task manager window. Remove the following malicious processes associated with this infection before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step of this manual removal process, you have to open the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following corrupt associated files of the ns.winupdate.24.com by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
This process will be completed when you clean the windows registry. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the start menu, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the OK button. You have to remove the following associated registry entries of this adware infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ns.winupdate.24.com \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ns.winupdate.24.com \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ns.winupdate.24.com \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ns.winupdate.24.com \DisplayNamens.winupdate.24.com
Reboot the system in the normal mode, and check the availability of this adware infection. Update your existing antivirus program and run a complete system scan to get rid of any infections caused by this virus.