The Not-a-virus:Adware.Win32.Bromngr.k is another variation of the adware infections that secretly attacks the targeted system, and perform several harmful tasks. This malicious application spreads through the compromised links, infected removable devices, and corrupt social media links. Once entered, the Not-a-virus:Adware.Win32.Bromngr.k restrict your access towards some useful applications on your system, and stops you to use some of the toolbars as well as browser extensions. This deadly dangerous adware can infect all the versions of the windows operating system, and can cause permanent damage to the data if not removed quickly. This malicious application removes some crucial system files, changes the windows firewall, and modify the windows registry. The notorious cyber crooks use this adware infection to record the activities in order to access your personal data. This information then used to steal your hard earned money.
The Manual Removal of Not-a-virus:Adware.Win32.Bromngr.k
Once it is confirmed that you become the victim of the Not-a-virus:Adware.Win32.Bromngr.k, your goal is to delete this virus in a way that it never comes back. There are manual as well as automatic methods of removal available to get rid of this virus and both methods have their own benefits and drawbacks. The manual removal instructions are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the infected computer and use the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen of your computer, you have to select the safe mode option before pressing the Enter key to start the PC in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In order to terminate the malicious processes created by the Not-a-virus:Adware.Win32.Bromngr.k, you need to access the windows task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. The list of running processes is available under the processes tab in the windows task manager from which you are required to end the following corrupt processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you removed the processes successfully, it is time to get rid of the associated data of the Not-a-virus:Adware.Win32.Bromngr.k. In this regard, you are required to find as well as delete the following suspicious files hidden in the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to access the registry editor in order to remove the alterations made by this dangerous adware in the registry section of the windows. You have to open the start menu, select the Run option, and execute the regedit.exe command to access the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries from the windows registry and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Not-a-virus:Adware.Win32.Bromngr.k\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Not-a-virus:Adware.Win32.Bromngr.k\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Not-a-virus:Adware.Win32.Bromngr.k\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Not-a-virus:Adware.Win32.Bromngr.k\DisplayName Not-a-virus:Adware.Win32.Bromngr.k
The manual removal process is now complete; therefore, you have to reboot the computer in the normal mode to check the effectiveness of the manual removal efforts.