How to Remove Nav-links?
The Remove Nav-links is a malicious application that works as an adware, and enters in the system without the consent of the user. Once installed, the Remove Nav-links runs a number of pop-up ads on the screen and disturbs your daily routine tasks. The Remove Nav-links spread through clicking on the social media links or visiting compromised web pages. This dangerous adware hijacks the default browser completely and changes the settings to redirect all the searching efforts from the user. Besides that, the Remove Nav-links also change the DNS settings in your system. When this virus enters in the system, it starts underlines the links that have specific keywords when you try to open any website. Once installed, it runs the annoying pop-up ads continuously on the screen. This malicious application is known as a resource eater; therefore, you will feel a big difference in the speed of the system when you become the victim of this deadly dangerous adware program.
The Manual Removal of Nav-links
When your system starts acting weirdly, and shows the symptoms of the Nav-links virus, you have to find a way to get rid of this infection. You can remove this malicious application manually as well as automatically. Following are the detailed instructions for manual removal of this virus:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the infected machine and use F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options screen is accessible, select the safe mode option and press the enter key to terminate the normal mode and start the computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Delete the malicious processes associated with this virus by opening the windows task manager through holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager is accessed, you can see a list of all the running processes in your system under the processes tab. You have to find as well as delete the following suspicious processes associated with this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Following are some of the suspicious files that are required to be deleted from the system files folder quickly in order to remove this infection completely:-
- %Desktopdir%\Bring Me Sports Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Bring Me Sports Toolbar\Bring Me Sports Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Without cleaning the windows registry, the process of manual removal of this virus cannot consider as completed. You can access the registry editor, by clicking the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box. After accessing the registry editor, you have to find and delete the following corrupt registry entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bring Me Sports Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bring Me Sports Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bring Me Sports Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bring Me Sports Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bring Me Sports Toolbar\DisplayName Bring Me Sports Toolbar
Close down the registry editor, and restart the PC in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes you have made.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic Nav-links removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download Nav-links Removal Tool to automatically remove Nav-links.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the Nav-links,do submit your comments to get clarified.