The Nation Toolbar is a stubborn computer infection that is categorized as a browser hijacker. This malicious application display countless pop-up ads on the screen once it sneaks in the computer. These frequent ads disturb your routine browsing, and you are unable to perform the daily tasks. Besides that, the Nation Toolbar infection redirect all your searching efforts towards strange website that you never heard in your life. This malicious application installed as an browser add-on, and hide itself wisely to avoid detection. This deadly dangerous browser hijacker changes the security settings on the system after disabeling the antivirus program due to which your computer becomes junkyard of different type of parasites. The Nation Toolbar virus makes your system very slow in responding, and browsing becomes almost impossible as it take too much time in opening any website.
The Manual Removal of Nation Toolbar
Once you become aware of the presence of the Nation Toolbar virus in your PC, you should think how to get rid of this browser hijacker at your earliest. This virus can be deleted manually as well as automatically. The manual removal is only recommended for the computer professionals, and the instructions for the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the machine, and use the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu. Once you are able to see the boot options menu, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After starting the PC in the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is accessed, select the processes tab where you can see the list of running processes, and remove the following corrupt processes from the available list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to remove the associated files of this infection along with their folders. In this regard, navigate towards the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Nation Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Nation Toolbar\Nation Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Now it is time to reverse the modification in the windows registry. You have to remove the malicious entries created by this browser hijacker in the registry section. Click on the start menu, select Run option, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the Enter key to access the registry editor. Remove the following corrupt entries associated with this infection from the windows registry and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nation Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nation Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nation Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nation Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nation Toolbar\DisplayName Nation Toolbar
By using an updated version of your current anitivirus program, run a complete system scan after restarting the system in the normal mode.