The Nation Advanced Search redirect virus is a malicious application that belongs from the family of redirect viruses, and installed on the system without the consent of the user. This tricky application spreads through the freeware download, and can damage the system completely. Once installed, the Nation Advanced Search redirect virus immediately modifies the browser settings by changing the default search engine as well as homepage on your computer. This malicious application can bring annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your PC, and never allow you to perform your daily routine tasks freely. This redirect virus makes your system extremely slow and you will face frequent crashes. When you try to search anything, it will be redirected towards unknown websites where you can get more parasites. This malicious redirect virus is designed to steal the personal information of the users, and then use this information for the fraudulent purposes.
The Manual Removal of Nation Advanced Search redirect virus
When you are able to detect the Nation Advanced Search redirect virus on your computer, you have to find a way to remove this infection as quickly as possible. There are both manual and automatic methods available to remove this virus. The automatic removal method is easy for the basic level users; whereas, the manual removal of this virus is not an easy job, and only recommended for the professional computer users.
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the system and use F8 key to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode and press “Enter” to start your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once you are able to start the system in the safe mode, you can remove the corrupt processes related to this infection. To access the windows task manager you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab, and delete the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You are required to open the file explorer and proceed to the system files folder to find as well as delete the following malicious files associated with the Nation Advanced Search redirect virus.
- %Desktopdir%\Nation Advanced Search virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Nation Advanced Search virus\Nation Advanced Search virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, select “run”, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the enter in order to start the windows registry editor. Once the registry editor accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries associated with this malicious application. After removing these corrupt entries successfully, you have to close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nation Advanced Search virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nation Advanced Search virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nation Advanced Search virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nation Advanced Search virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nation Advanced Search virus\DisplayName Nation Advanced Search virus
Do not forget to update the existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan.