The Nana10 Toolbar is a toolbar infection that installed as a browser extension, and offers the users to enhance their surfing experience by adding some extra features related to music, email, social websites, and search bar. This malicious application downloads automatically without the permission of the user, and immediately after getting installed, it hijacks the default browser on your system. The Nana10 Toolbar can infect all the browsers including the Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Once installed, this browser hijacker can modify your home page, default search engine, and DNS settings. This malicious application can bring additional threats to the system to make your computer a junkyard for different kind of parasites. Mostly the hackers use this infection to run annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the infected computers. These ads are related to promoting the affiliate websites, and products.
Removal of Nana10 Toolbar
Once you got infected from the Nana10 Toolbar browser hijacker, you have to remove it effectively. And quickly to minimize the damage caused by this infection. There are both manual removal as well as automatic tools available to delete this malicious application. The manual removal of this complicated adware program is extremely hard, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to boot the system in the safe mode to start the manual removal process of the Nana10 Toolbar. To achieve this, you have to restart the infected system and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the safe mode option before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After booting the infected PC in the safe mode, you have to get rid of the associated processes of the Nana10 Toolbar. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the system. Locate and delete the following processes one by one by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following associated files of the Nana10 Toolbar virus from he system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Nana10 Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Nana10 Toolbar\Nana10 Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Start the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box. After accessing the registry editor, you have to delete the following entries associated with the Nana10 Toolbar:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nana10 Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nana10 Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nana10 Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nana10 Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nana10 Toolbar\DisplayName Nana10 Toolbar
You have to boot the PC in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see how effectively you are able to follow the instructions. Update your existing antivirus program and run a complete system scan from the main interface of the antivirus.