The N.thesystemupdate.com is classified as a nasty computer worm that falls in the category of adware infections. This malicious application is designed purely for the commercial purposes, and the international hackers use this virus as a tool to display third party ads on the targeted computers. This nasty infection always spreads by showing the fake message which stated that your java version is outdated and it needed to be updated. When you click on the update button, this adware infection sneaks in the system, and hide itself deep in the roots of the system files. It has the ability to replicate itself. Once installed, it downloads the ad supported browser extensions in order to run the affiliate ads on the screen. You will be unable to browse freely on the web because of this adware as whenever you will try to open a website, you will be redirected towards unknown places. All your web searches will be diverted to the low ranked shopping websites.
Removal ofKhqrbu6xop.com pop-up
After getting itself installed on the system, it is not easy for the user to get rid of this advanced level adware program,. You have to take help of the automatic removal tool in case if you are basic level users. For the expert users, there is a manual removal option available which is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The first step of the manual removal process is to terminate the normal mode of operation by restarting the infected system, and use the F8 key while the system is restarting to see the boot options. You have to select the Safe Mode from the list of boot options, and hit the Enter key to access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys by remaining in the safe mode, and select the processes tab under the task manager window. Remove the following malicious processes associated with this adware: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the corrupt processes, you have to open the file explorer, proceed to the system files folder, and remove the following files associated with the N.thesystemupdate.com:-
- %Desktopdir%\Khqrbu6xop.com pop-up .lnk
- %Programs%\Khqrbu6xop.com pop-up \Khqrbu6xop.com pop-up.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Normalize the windows registry by reversing the modifications made by this parasite. Access the registry editor by running the RegEdit command from the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the N.thesystemupdate.com:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Khqrbu6xop.com pop-up\DisplayIcon%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Khqrbu6xop.com pop-up
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Khqrbu6xop.com pop-up \UninstallString“%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Khqrbu6xop.com pop-up \ShortcutPath“%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Khqrbu6xop.com pop-up\DisplayNameKhqrbu6xop.com pop-up
You have to check how effectively the manual instructions are followed by you by rebooting the system in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program before restoring the normal routine tasks on the system.