The MyStart Toolbar is recently discovered a malicious application that has infected thousands of windows based computers in the recent past. This nasty infection is classified as a browser hijacker that gains complete control of your online activity after modifying the basic browser settings. Once this nasty browser hijacker sneaks in the system, it can harass every web browser including the Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. This dangerous virus modifies your home page, default search engine, and other crucial settings related to your online surfing. The MyStart Toolbar is responsible for diverting you towards unknown phishing websites whenever you try to surf on the web. The basic objective of this browser hijacker is to generate traffic to the affiliate website. The screen of your system is covered with annoying pop-up ads for the commercial objectives. This malicious application traps you by introducing itself as a useful application that is designed to enhance your browsing experience, but in reality, the cyber thugs use this virus to make commissions from the pay per click programs and afdfiliate sales.
Removal of MyStart Toolbar
Once it is confirmed that the system is under attack by MyStart Toolbar browser hijacker, you need to remove this deadly dangerous virus quickly. There are tens of automatic tools available to delete this virus. Besides that, the manual removal is available but not recommended to the basic level users. The detailed instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal of this malicious browser hijacker started when you boot the computer in the safe mode. Restart the computer and keep hitting the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options. Choose the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
It is time to remove the suspicious processes, and to do this, you have to open the windows task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the Processes tab once you are able to access the task manager window where you can see the list of all the processes. Remove the following associated processes of the MyStart Toolbar before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You must remove the following associated files of the MyStart Toolbar infection from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\MyStart Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\MyStart Toolbar\MyStart Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to reverse the modifications made by this browser hijacker in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by selecting the start menu, choose Run option, and type Regedit in the box. After accessing the registry editor, delete the following entries associated with the MyStart Toolbar, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyStart Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyStart Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyStart Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyStart Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyStart Toolbar\DisplayName MyStart Toolbar
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic MyStart Toolbar removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download MyStart Toolbar Removal Tool to automatically remove MyStart Toolbar and its related files.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the MyStart Toolbar,do submit your comments to get clarified.