The MyStart Search Protection is a dangerous adware infection that enters in the system secretly, and performs several harmful activities. This malicious application displays pop-up ads in order to promote the third party products, and modify the browser settings including the home page, and default search provider. The MyStart Search Protection infection makes your system extremely slow, and delete the important system files. The main objective of developing this nasty infection is to gain the access of your computer, and steal your private information. Once installed, this lethal adware disable your antivirus software, and add corrupt entries in the windows registry. The MyStart Search Protection executed automatically every time you start the system, and you will experience frequent system crashes. Once this dangerous virus enters in the system, it puts your financial data at high risk.
Removal of MyStart Search Protection
Once it is confirmed that the MyStart Search Protection invades your windows based system, you have to select a powerful method to get rid of this infection. There are some reliable automatic removal tools available in this regard. The manual removal of this malicious application is also available which is only recommended for the advanced level users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to access the PC in the safe mode to start the manual removal process of the MyStart Search Protection. You have to restart the infected machine and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the safe mode before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After booting the system in the safe mode, you have to end the associated processes of the MyStart Search Protection. Access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and clicks on the processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the system. Delete the following suspicious processes by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to open the system files folder, and remove the following files as quickly as possible:-
- %Desktopdir%\MyStart Search Protection.lnk
- %Programs%\MyStart Search Protection\MyStart Search Protection.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After completing all of the above mentioned steps, you have to reverse the modifications in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following entries associated with the MyStart Search Protection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyStart Search Protection\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyStart Search Protection
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyStart Search Protection\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyStart Search Protection\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyStart Search Protection\DisplayName MyStart Search Protection
Close the registry editor and start the PC in the normal mode. Update the existing antivirus program to run a complete system scan on your system.