The Myprotection.exe is a dangerous computer malware that sneaks in the windows platforms without notifying the user, and performs several annoying activities inside the computer. This is actually a browser hijacker that takes complete control of your browsing by changing the browser settings once it is able to enter in the computer. This malicious browser hijacker can infect all the popular browsers including the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. The main interface of the Myprotection.exe looks like a legitimate application that is designed to help the users, but actually this is a malware. It is impossible to detect or remove this dangerous browser hijacker through any antivirus program as it is designed with advanced codlings. Some of the Myprotection.exe infection also contains the keyloggers that are used to steal the personal details such as passwords, credit card details, shopping preferences, and payment history. Once this lethal browser hijacker settles down in the system, it will start automatically every time you open the windows operating system. You will receive fake security alerts and a huge number of pop-up ads.
The Manual Removal of Myprotection.exe
If it is confirmed that the Myprotection.exe virus is entered in your system, you have to find an effective tool to remove this infection. You can do this manually or by using any available automatic removal tool. The process of the manual removal consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the infected machine in order to terminate the normal mode of operation, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options. After accessing the list of boot options, select the safe mode from the list and hit the Enter key to reboot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of the manual removal is killing the associated processes of the Myprotection.exe infection. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and select the processes tab in the task manager window to remove the following associated processes of the Myprotection.exe:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once the associated processes are removed successfully, you have to open the system files folder, and remove the following malicious files:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You must delete the corrupt entries added by the Myprotection.exe virus in the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, open the registry editor with by using the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Remove the following entries associated with this infection after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Myprotection.exe\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Myprotection.exe\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Myprotection.exe\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Myprotection.exe\DisplayName Myprotection.exe
Restart the system to evaluate the effect of the manual removal process after closing the registry editor. You are also required to run a system scan through your antivirus program.