How to Remove MyPC Backup.exe?
The MyPC Backup.exe is a malicious application that presents itself as a backup utility for the windows based computers. In reality, this is nothing more than a fake backup program which is actually a virus that is designed to steal your confidential information. Once you install this fake application, it will perform a so called fake scan, and shows a number of errors on your computer. When you try to fix these errors with the help of this application you will be asked to purchase the licensed version of this software. Do not fall into this trap as you will not only lose your money that you pay to purchase this application, but you will also transfer your data while making the payment to the hackers. This personal data then used for other fraudulent purposes in the online crimes.
The Manual Removal of MyPC Backup.exe
Once it is confirmed that your system is compromised to the MyPC Backup.exe, you have to remove this malicious application quickly to minimize the level of damage. You can do this either by using the automatic removal tool or manual method. The manual removal instructions of this virus are as under:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Before start deleting the virus you have to start your computer in the safe mode. The safe mode can be accessed from the boot options which you can see by pressing the F8 key while the computer is restarting. Once you can see the options, you have to select the safe mode option.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
When your computer starts working in the safe mode, you can now proceed to the windows task manager in order to kill the malicious processes of this virus. The task manager can be opened by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is visible you have to click the processes tab, and delete the following processes from the list :-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
After removing the associated processes you have to delete the files as well as folders of this virus. In this regard, you have to use the file explorer to find the following files, and remove them with the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\MyPC Backup.exe.lnk
- %Programs%\MyPC Backup.exe\MyPC Backup.exe.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of the manual removal method is to clean the windows registry from the corrupt entries created by this malicious application. Open the start menu, select the Run option, and type Regedit in the box before pressing the OK button to start the registry editor. With the help of registry editor you have to delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyPC Backup.exe\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyPC Backup.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyPC Backup.exe\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyPC Backup.exe\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyPC Backup.exe\DisplayName MyPC Backup.exe
Close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode. Update the antivirus and run a complete system scan to get rid of the infections.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic MyPC Backup.exe removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download MyPC Backup.exe Removal Tool to automatically remove MyPC Backup.exe and its related files.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the MyPC Backup.exe,do submit your comments to get clarified.