The MyInfotopia ads is a malicious application that is categorized as an adware infection and often bundled with some popular software programs. Once this nasty infection enters in the system, it starts eating the system resources, and you cannot access any of useful software. Besides that, it also disables your antivirus, and other security tools to avoid any detection or removal effort. This malicious application is also considered as a nasty malware developed by the hackers to access the targeted systems remotely, and steal the personal details of the user, such as login details, bank account credentials, and credit card information. It is capable of modifying the windows registry by adding the fake startup keys. All your searches will be diverted towards unknown websites for the commercial purposes. As long as this virus remains in your system, the speed of the computer reduces continuously, and you cannot access most of the data files because of this slow speed.
Removal of MyInfotopia ads
Once it is confirmed that your computer becomes the victim of the MyInfotopia ads adware infection, you have to start removing this virus without wasting a single minute. You can take help from any reliable automatic removal tool to remove this adware. The manual removal of this malicious application is also possible by following the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to restart the infected system, and use the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options screen. Once you can see the boot options on the screen, select the safe mode from the list and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab under this window where you can see a list of processes running in the background. Remove the following associated processes of this dangerous adware program before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once the associated processes are removed successfully, you have to remove the following associated files from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\MyInfotopia ads.lnk
- %Programs%\MyInfotopia ads\MyInfotopia ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to reverse the modifications made by this malicious application in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select the Run option, and type RegEdit in the box. Once you are able to see the registry editor, delete the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyInfotopia ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyInfotopia ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyInfotopia ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyInfotopia ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyInfotopia ads\DisplayName MyInfotopia ads
Close the registry editor, and reboot the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently. Run a complete system scan through your existing antivirus software.