The MyAppStash Toolbar is a malicious application that is specifically designed by notorious cyber crooks to attack the windows based computers. The MyAppStash Toolbar falls under the category of home page hijacker infections, and distributed recently to thousands of computers all over the world. Once this nasty infection enters in the system, it affects the functionality as well as the appearance of the browser without your permission. This malicious application sneaks into the system while playing online games, visiting porn websites, sharing files on peer to peer network, and using corrupt removable storage devices. Once this nasty computer virus penetrates in the system, it starts recording your online activity, and transfer all the important information, including the financial details to the remote server that is managed by the hackers. You cannot run executable files because of this virus, and it also affects the performance of the system. This malicious application installs several unwanted programs on the system due to which the speed of the computer reduces considerably.
Removal of MyAppStash Toolbar
The MyAppStash Toolbar is a malicious application that is extremely dangerous for the overall health of the system, and should be removed quickly to minimize the damage. You can get rid of this nasty infection either manually, or by selecting any reliable automatic tool. The instructions for the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to open the system in the safe mode in order to proceed in the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the system, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode on the infected machine, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager. Select the Processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes. Delete the following malicious processes associated with the MyAppStash Toolbar infection by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to remove the following suspicious files associated with the MyAppStash Toolbar from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\MyAppStash Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\MyAppStash Toolbar\MyAppStash Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last step of this process is the removal of the associated entries from the windows registry. Open the registry editor by clicking the Start menu, select Run option, and type “RegEdit” in the box. You have to delete the following entries associated with the MyAppStash Toolbar infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyAppStash Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyAppStash Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyAppStash Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyAppStash Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyAppStash Toolbar\DisplayName MyAppStash Toolbar
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the success or failure of your efforts, and do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus.