The My Super Cheap Add-on is a malicious application that present itself as a browser add-on. The My Super Cheap Add-on attracts users to download it by saying that this is a useful tool to compare the prices of the travel related services and insurance quotes. Once installed, this dangerous infection hijacks the default browser to completely control your browsing activities. Besides that, your screen will be flooded with the annoying pop-up ads that makes you unable to perform any of your regular tasks on your system. Once you make a click on any ad, you will be redirected towards an unknown website where you are encouraged to purchase a product or service. This malicious application also utilizes your personal details for spamming, and other cyber crimes. Once entered, the My Super Cheap Add-on access your confidential details then transfers these details to the notorious hackers who use it to steal your money.
The Manual Removal of My Super Cheap Add-on
After getting infected your PC with the My Super Cheap Add-on virus, you have to remove this virus completely to make sure it won’t come back. You have got the choice to remove it automatically or manually depending upon your expertise. The manual removal method is complicated and consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
In order to remove this virus manually, you need to restart the computer, and use the F8 key to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are accessed, you have to select the safe mode, before pressing the enter key to boot your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
After booting the system in the safe mode, you have to proceed towards the next step in the manual removal process that is killing the processes associated with the My Super Cheap Add-on. You have to access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and hit the processes tab to see the list of running processes. Delete the following suspicious processes and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Remove the following associated files from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\My Super Cheap Add-on.lnk
- %Programs%\My Super Cheap Add-on\My Super Cheap Add-on.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In order to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry, you have to access the registry editor by staying in the safe mode of operation. Run the RegEdit command through the start menu, and after accessing the registry editor, you have to delete the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My Super Cheap Add-on\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My Super Cheap Add-on
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My Super Cheap Add-on\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My Super Cheap Add-on\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My Super Cheap Add-on\DisplayName My Super Cheap Add-on
Restart the computer in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by the My Super Cheap Add-on.