The My.allgameshome.com is a malicious application which is categorized as a browser hijacker. This dangerous browser hijacker has the ability turn all your searches towards My.allgameshome.com. Once it is installed on your computer, it has the ability to change your browsing settings along with the home page, and default search browser. This browser hijacker presents itself as legitimate software, but in reality it is nothing more than a virus that is developed to steal the important information about the user. The international hackers use this information to get money through online frauds. This malicious virus has the ability to destroy your system completely, and make it useless. Besides that, it also causes slowdowns, and crashes due to utilization of the resources of the computer. Once installed, it remains resident in the background and runs automatically every time you start the windows. After detecting it you need to remove this virus quickly.
Manual Removal Method of My.allgameshome.com
Once you have detected the My.allgameshome.com in your system, you have to remove it either by using any automatic removal tool, or by following the instructions mentioned below for the manual removal of this threat. The manual removal process is complicated yet possible for the advance level users and IT professionals. Following are the steps that you need to follow for manual removal process:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The first step of manual removal process is starting the computer in safe mode by terminating the normal mode. This can be done by restarting the PC, and pressing F8 key to see the boot options where you have to select the safe mode option, and press enter key to restart the PC in safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
When the infected machine is restarted in the safe mode, you need to open the windows task manager. The task manager can be opened by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is started, you have to click on the processes tab, and end the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once done with the removal of malicious processes, the next step is removing the infected files and folders. In this regard you have to find and delete the following files:-
Delete Registry Entries
After getting rid of the associated and infected files, the final step of manual removal process is cleaning the windows registry. To remove the corrupt registry entries, you need to open the registry editor which can be done by using the Run option available in the start menu. You have to write the RegEdit command, and when the registry editor opened, you need to find and delete the following suspicious registry entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My.allgameshome.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My.allgameshome.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My.allgameshome.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My.allgameshome.com\DisplayName My.allgameshome.com
You have to close the registry editor before starting the computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal process.