The mrpccleaner.com virus is a nasty computer infection that is extremely frustrating for the users. This nasty computer worm penetrates in the system through a number of different ways, including the hacked websites, compromised links, removable storage devices, and peer to peer sharing of files. Once this malicious application gets inside the system, it will change the default search provider, and desktop background along with the home page without your consent. If you are using a network connection to connect to the internet, you might face a few issues while connecting to the internet. It annoys you by showing countless pop-up ads on the screen while surfing on the web. In most of these ads, the hackers try to convince you to purchase the fake products. It is capable of stealing your personal information, and records your browsing history. Whenever you open the web browser to open a website, you will be diverted towards unknown places instead of your desired websites.
Removal of mrpccleaner.com virus
After confirming the availability of this nasty redirect virus can be extremely lethal if you are unable to remove it within time. There are some good automatic tools available, and using automatic removal method is the ideal choice for the basic level computer users. Apart from that, the virus can be removed manually too. The manual removal process is only recommended for the professionals, and experienced users. The processes consist of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Once you access the system in the safe mode, you can actually execute the steps of the manual removal process. Restart the system, and press F8 key repeatedly to get the access of the boot options menu. After accessing the boot options, use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode option before pressing the Enter button.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, the next thing you have to do is, delete the associated processes of this infection. Open the task manager, click on the processes tab, and remove the following malicious processes associated with the mrpccleaner.com before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder through file explorer, and remove the following associated files of the mrpccleaner.com:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to clean the windows registry in order to complete the manual removal of the mrpccleaner.com. In this regard, open the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option in the Start Menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you need to remove the following suspicious entries without wasting a single minute:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\mrpccleaner.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\mrpccleaner.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\mrpccleaner.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\mrpccleaner.com\DisplayName mrpccleaner.com
In the end, restart your PC in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the instructions, and also run a system scan after removing the virus succeessfully.