The Mozook.com is a tricky redirect virus that attacks the computers without giving prior information, and can make your computer completely useless. This malicious application can redirect all your internet searches as well as browsing efforts towards unknown website or its own domain Mozook.com. Once installed, the Mozook.com changes the important internet settings in your browser including the DNS settings to make your PC vulnerable to the additional parasites. The Mozook.com is actually a compromised website that offers entertainment stuff for your cell phone device. However, in reality this is nothing more than a lethal computer virus that is designed to access your confidential data such as credit card numbers, emails, passwords, and other personal details. Besides that, this malicious application also records your browsing activities as well as shopping preferences. All these details are being used to steal your money through frauds. You will also see that the overall performance of your computer degrades considerably.
The Manual Removal of Mozook.com
Once you have detected the Mozook.com virus in your system, you have to drop everything you are doing and take serious efforts to remove this dangerous redirect virus. You can remove the Mozook.com through manual removal process as well as by choosing any reliable automatic removal tool. Keep in mind that the automatic method is easy for the novice users. The instructions for the manual removal of this virus are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the PC and use the F8 key to access the boot options menu while the system is restarted. You have to select the safe mode option from the boot options list and hit the enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to remove the processes that are attached with this infection by using the windows task manager. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to access the windows task manager, and click the processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of running processes. Delete the following processes associated with this lethal redirect virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You are required to get rid of the corrupt files associated with this infection. Following are some of the suspicious files that you have to remove from the system files folder
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, click on the Run option and write “regedit” in the box to see the registry editor. Delete the following corrupt entries from the windows registry and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mozook.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mozook.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mozook.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mozook.com\DisplayName Mozook.com
To evaluate the result of the manual removal process, you have to reboot the computer once again in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan on your system after updating your current antivirus software to remove the infections caused by this dangerous redirect infection.