The Movie4k.to is a dangerous redirect virus that is also considered as a browser hijacker. This malicious application enters in the windows based computers secretly, and take complete control of the browsing activity of the targeted users. The Movie4k. to is a deceptive website that presents itself as a useful place where you can watch your favorite movies; however, you can easily get infected from browser hijackers, and adware applications once you click on the corrupt links placed on this site behind your favorite movie names. This malicious application shows manipulated search results whenever you try to open any website, and all your web searches diverted towards the phishing websites. Once this nasty redirect virus settles down in the roots of the system, it records your browsing, habits, and collects the sensitive personal details including the financial credentials. All these details are collected to transfer to the remote hackers. You are unable to access important system utilities such as windows task manager, and registry editor because of this lethal computer infection.
The Manual Removal of Movie4k.to
Once you become the victim of the Movie4k.to, your system starts performing weirdly, and you need to find a solution of this situation to minimize the effect of this virus. You can easily get rid of this redirect virus by using any powerful automatic removal tool. Besides that, the manual removal of this lethal computer worm is also possible that is only recommended for the advanced level computer users. Following are the steps involved in the manual removal of the Movie4k.to:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to remove the Movie4k.to redirect virus completely from your system you need to boot the system in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the infected machine, and use the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the task manager and select the Processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your system. Remove the following suspicious processes associated with the Movie4k.to redirect virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are done with the processes issue, you have to delete the associated files of this infection. Open the system files folder, and remove the following files that are considered as associated with the Movie4k.to:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Reverse the modifications in the windows registry by accessing the registry editor, and execute the Regedit command through the Run option available in the Start menu. Remove the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Movie4k.to\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Movie4k.to\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Movie4k.to\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Movie4k.to\DisplayName Movie4k.to
Run a complete system scan through any reliable antivirus program after restarting the machine in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of manual removal process.