The Morocco Sûreté Nationale Ransomware is a malicious application that comes under the category of ransomware. This virus targets new users all over the world, through the internet, and people who are used to conduct unsafe browsing are the potential victims of Morocco Sûreté Nationale Ransomware. Not only the unsafe browsing, but this ransomware also attacks your PC by using the email attachments. When this virus enters into your system, your screen becomes blue, and it shows you the message that you are involved in criminal activities, therefore, your computer is blocked. They ask you to pay a certain amount of money to gain the access of your system, and even if you pay them, you will never be able to access your system. The purpose of this malicious application is not just to ask you for ransom, but they also track your browsing history to use it for different purposes.
Manual Removal of Morocco Sûreté Nationale Ransomware
The manual removal of this dangerous application is possible, however, for new users, this maybe little hard. The success of manual removal process largely depends on the knowledge of the user about how to remove the registry entries, and associated files of this threat. Following are the steps of manual removal process:-
Reboot the Computer in Safe Mode with Networking
First thing which you need to do is, reboot your computer in safe mode with networking option. In this regard, you have to simply restart your computer, press F8 key, and when you are able to see the boot option screen, you just select the option no. 2 which is safe mode with networking before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After starting the computer in safe mode with networking, you have to start the windows task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Processes tab to end the malicious processes related to the Morocco Sûreté Nationale Ransomware.
Delete Associated Files
In order to clean your PC from this dangerous ransomware, you have to delete the following files by using the file explorer:-
- %ProgramFiles%Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus/uninstall.exe
- %ProgramFiles%Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus/config.cfg
- %LOCALAPPDATA%Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus/BHO.xml
- %LOCALAPPDATA%Morocco Sûreté Nationale virusconfig.cfg
- %LOCALAPPDATA%Morocco Sûreté Nationale virusSettingsToolbarPrefs.txt
- %LOCALAPPDATA%Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus/SettingsUpdaterSettings.xml
- %LOCALAPPDATA%Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus/EventLog.txt
Remove Registry Entries
The manual process of removing this extremely harmful virus will not complete unless you do not remove the associated registry entries from your computer. You have to delete these malicious entries by using registry editor for which you have to run the RegEdit command through Start button. Once the registry editor started, you have to find and delete the following associated entries to complete the manual removal process:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[random]\[random].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus\DisplayName Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Appdata Low\Software\[**Random**]
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = ‘”%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\[*Random*].exe” /START “%1? %*’
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[random]\[random].exe” –u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Appdata Low\Software\ Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus\
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Morocco Sûreté Nationale virus\UninstallString “%AppData%\[random]\[random].exe” –u
After removing all the above mentioned entries, you have to close the registry editor and restart the computer in normal mode.