The MonsterMarketplace is a malware that comes under the category of adware infections and developed by the hackers to monitor the online activities of prestigious users in order to steal their money through online frauds. This deadly dangerous adware program attacks the computer without the consent of the user, and mostly spread through the p2p sharing, infected removable devices, performing unsafe browsing, and spam emails. Once installed, this infection changes most of the crucial system settings, add corrupt registry entries, and disable some of the most important utilities like windows task manager, and registry editor due to which you are unable to remove this virus by remaining in the normal mode of operation. Besides that, the MonsterMarketplace virus takes complete control of your browsing activities and also install the browser hijacker to redirect all your searches towards the phishing websites for commercial purposes.
The Manual Removal of MonsterMarketplace
You have to take immediate steps for the removal of the MonsterMarketplace infection once it is confirmed that your PC is compromised to this complicated malware. There are both manual as well as automatic options are available in this regard and you have to choose one according to your capabilities. The manual removal instructions are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the infected system and use the F8 to access the boot options menu where you have to0 select the safe mode and hit the enter key in order to start the system in the safe mode instead of the normal mode of operation.
End the Malicious Processes
After starting the computer in the safe mode, you have to find as well as remove the associated processes of the MonsterMarketplace infection. This can be done by opening the windows task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is accessed, click the processes tab to see the list of running processes in your system. Delete the following suspected processes from the available list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder and remove the following corrupt files associated with the MonsterMarketplace virus quickly:-
- %Desktopdir%\’MonsterMarketplace’ malware.lnk
- %Programs%\’MonsterMarketplace’ malware\’MonsterMarketplace’ malware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process could not be completed unless you remove the malicious modifications in the windows registry of your PC. In this regard you have to open the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option available in the Start menu. Once you are able to see the registry editor on the screen, remove the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\’MonsterMarketplace’ malware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\’MonsterMarketplace’ malware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\’MonsterMarketplace’ malware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\’MonsterMarketplace’ malware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\’MonsterMarketplace’ malware\DisplayName ‘MonsterMarketplace’ malware
Restart the computer to see how effectively you are able to remove this complicated malware, and run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this dangerous backdoor virus.