The Monarimo is a computer virus that is designed and distributed recently to infect the computers using the windows operating system. Once this nasty infection invades the system, your searches will be diverted to other unknown websites, and it also blocks your access to surf on the web freely. Thousands of annoying pop-up ads flooded on the screen of your computer because of this lethal infection. This malicious application records your browsing history, and access your personal information to steal your money through cyber crimes. It hides itself deep in the system files, and makes several changes in your default system settings without your consent. This dangerous infection invades the system when you download a well known software from an untrusted source, or opening the spam email attachment. This nasty computer worm can create the system crash issue, and capable of damaging the hardware components. Apart from that, the Monarimo virus can damage your important system files, and the system becomes slow in responding.
Removal of Monarimo
After discovering the Monarimo infection in the hard drive of your system, you have to think how to get rid of this infection within quick time. There are some powerful and reliable automatic tools available to delete this virus. Apart from that, the manual removal is also possible in this regard which is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before proceeding to the manual removal process of this nasty computer infection, it is necessary to boot the system in the safe mode so that you can open some important system utilities like task manager and registry editor. In this regard, restart the computer and access the list of options regarding booting. Once the list of options has appeared on the screen, you have to select the Safe Mode, and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
As soon as you are able to open the system in the safe mode, you have to access the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab in the task manager window to remove the following processes associated with the Monarimo, before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following suspicious files hidden in the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal process, it is important to delete the corrupt entries from the windows registry. Open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option of the start menu. Remove the following suspicious entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Monarimo\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Monarimo\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Monarimo\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Monarimo\DisplayName Monarimo
Close the registry editor, and access the PC in the normal mode by restarting it to see the effect of changes you have made recently.