The Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads is a lethal computer infection that is designed and distributed recently, and infected thousands of computers running windows operating system. The Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads is classified as a browser hijacker that has the capabilities of the redirect virus. Once it invades the system, it changes the browser settings completely, and starts automatically every time you starts the windows. This malicious application distributed through portable storage devices, sharing of resources, and watching live streaming. Once this virus enters in the system, it degrades the performance of the PC, slows down the speed, and system crashes too often without your permission. This dangerous browser hijacker adds the malicious files in your system files folder, modify the windows registry, and disable your antivirus program. The Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads has the ability to replicate itself in order to avoid any detection or removal effort.
Removal of Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads
As soon as you know that the system is under attack by the Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads, you have to find a method through which you can remove this browser hijacker completely from the system. The Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads can be removed by using any powerful automatic removal tool. However, the manual removal process is also available in this regard which consists of the following set of instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the complicated steps of the manual removal, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the system and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen of your system, select the safe mode option from the list before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, to access the task manager, and select the processes tab to delete the following suspicious processes associated with the Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once you have successfully removed the associated processes of this browser hijacker, now it is time to remove the associated files of this infection. Following are the files that you have to remove as soon as possible:-
- %Desktopdir%\Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads\Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal will be completed once you remove the corrupt entries created by this infection in the windows registry. In this regard, open the start menu, select the Run option, and write Regedit before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following malicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads\DisplayName Mobtoolbox.com Pop-up Ads
Reboot the PC in the normal mode, and update the antivirus program already installed on your system to run a complete system scan.