The Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com is a dangerous browser hijacker that makes your computer extremely slow. Once installed, it has the ability to stop running some of the important functions of your computer. The Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com is used by the notorious hackers to get complete remote access of the windows based computers. These criminals then use this illegal access to steal data from your computer that can be used for cyber crimes. This dangerous browser hijacker can infect all the major browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. Once installed, it has the ability to create a startup entry in the windows registry due to which it runs automatically, every time you start your windows. The Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com is capable of changing all your browser settings like homepage, desktop background, and preferred search engine. It redirects all your searches towards phishing websites to generate traffic.
The Instructions for Manual Removal of Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com
As soon as you are confirmed that your system is compromised to the Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com , It becomes your ultimate priority to remove this dangerous threat from your system quickly, and effectively. You have the option of removing this tricky virus by using any powerful automatic removal tool, or manually. The manual removal method of this dangerous browser hijacker is complicated, yet possible, and consists of the following steps:-
Select the Safe Mode
You have to start your computer in the safe mode in order to remove the dangerous Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com. In this regard, you have to restart the computer, use F8 key to access the boot options list, and select the safe mode option.
Remove the Associated Processes
When you have successfully started the computer in the safe mode, you are now eligible to delete the malicious processes that are running in the background. To do this, you have to open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is started, you have to make a click on the processes tab. Here you can see the list of processes from which you have to find and delete the following associated processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Files and Folders
You have to find as well as delete the following files, along with their folders to remove this malicious application completely:-
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
In the end, do not forget to clean the windows registry as it is the most important step of the manual removal process. You have to open the windows registry editor by using the Run option available in the Start menu, and type RegEdit in the box. Once the registry editor is visible on the screen, you have to navigate, and delete the following malicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com\DisplayName Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com
Restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see the effect of changes you have just made.