The MixiDJ V8 Toolbar is a malicious application that is categorized as a browser hijacker. It installed on your system secretly, and soon after getting itself installed it modify the windows registry by adding startup entries due to which every time you starts your system, this virus starts automatically. Once installed, it will redirect towards some unknown websites every time you start browsing anything. These websites are used to hack your system, and steal your most important personal information. The MixiDJ V8 Toolbar is also used to track your online activities. This tricky toolbar effect the performance of your system negatively, and you are unable to finish your daily tasks on your computer.
The Instructions for Removal of MixiDJ V8 Toolbar
Once the computer becomes a victim of the MixiDJ V8 Toolbar, you have to find a way to delete this virus from your system completely. You can remove malicious toolbar by using any automatic removal tool in case, if manual method is difficult for you. Following are the instructions to remove this virus manually:-
Select the Safe Mode
The first step of manual removal method is to terminate the normal mode by restarting the computer as in normal mode you are unable to access the windows task manager and registry editor. When your system is in the restarting, you have to press the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of booting options. You have to select the safe mode option, and hit the enter key to start your computer in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
Hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to access the windows task manager. Once you are able to see the task manager, you have to click on the processes tab. Under the processes tab you can see a list of running processes where you need to find the following processes. When you select the following process you will see a button End Process which you have to click in order to remove this process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Files and Folders
You have to find as well as delete the following corrupt files associated with the Virus.Vanti.dll:-
- %Desktopdir%\MixiDJ V8 Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\MixiDJ V8 Toolbar\MixiDJ V8 Toolbar.lnk
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
The final step of manual removal process is to get rid of the malicious entries created in the windows registry. You have to access the registry editor which can be accessed by going in the Start menu, select Run, and type “RegEdit” Command in the box. You have to find the following corrupt entries and delete them quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MixiDJ V8 Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MixiDJ V8 Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MixiDJ V8 Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MixiDJ V8 Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MixiDJ V8 Toolbar\DisplayName MixiDJ V8 Toolbar
After completing all of the above mentioned steps, you have to restart the machine in the normal mode after closing the registry editor. Update your current antivirus before running a complete system scan on your system in order to delete the infections created by this virus.