The Milesandkms.com is one of the most dangerous browser hijackers of recent times that invades the system without the permission of the user, and performs several harmful activities. Once it enters in the system, it redirects all your search queries towards commercial websites where you can see the advertisements of low quality products offered by the unknown suppliers. Your home page, along with the default search engine is modified, and whenever you try to open a website, you will be diverted towards the Milesandkms.com. This nasty browser hijacker has the ability to manipulate your Yahoo, and Google searches by showing the fake results. Your screen will be flooded with the annoying pop-up ads once this malicious application attacks the system, and most of these ads are related for commercial purposes either to promote a certain product or to generate traffic on unknown websites. The Milesandkms.com is an effective tool of the hackers to access the system remotely, and steal the confidential details of the targeted users.
The Manual Removal of Milesandkms.com
When it is confirmed that your system is under attack by the Milesandkms.com browser hijacker, you are required to remove this infection from your system as quickly as possible. The automatic removal tools are available that are easy to use for the basic level users. Besides that, the manual removal is also possible which is a bit complicated. The steps involved in this manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart your infected PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. When the list of boot options displayed on the screen, choose the Safe Mode option from the list, before hitting the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to kill the associated processes of this infection by using the windows task manager. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab where you can see the list of processes. You have to remove the following associated processes of the Milesandkms.com virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the file explorer, open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the Milesandkms.com virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last but most important step of the manual removal is cleaning the windows registry. You are required to open the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Milesandkms.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Milesandkms.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Milesandkms.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Milesandkms.com\DisplayName Milesandkms.com
Close the registry editor after completing all the above mentioned steps, and restart the system in the normal mode to check the availability of the virus.