The Midicair Toolbar is a computer infection that is also known as unwanted toolbar, and attacks the windows based systems without any prior notice. This malicious toolbar can infect all types of browsers including the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. The Midicair Toolbar distributed through p2p sharing, social media links, spam emails, and visiting porn websites. Once installed, it displays the spam advertisement through the annoying pop-up ads to disturb your routine browsing. This malicious application present itself as a useful program that helps you in enhancing your online searching, but in reality this is a computer virus. Your home page is also modified to the search.conduit.com which is extremely risky as it can lead you towards already compromised web pages. The Midicair Toolbar can infect all the versions of the windows operating system, and immediately control your browsing. The hackers use this tool to gain commercial benefits by generating traffic on the affiliate websites.
The Manual Removal of Midicair Toolbar
When the Midicair Toolbar infection founds in your PC, you have to start the removal process after confirming its presence. This lethal toolbar can be removed manually, but remember that the manual removal is an extremely complicated process for the novice users. The instructions for the manual removal of this toolbar infection are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must start the PC in the safe mode instead of normal mode to proceed further in the manual removal method. You have to restart the system, and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. After accessing the boot choices, select the safe mode choice with arrow key, and press the Enter to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to remove the associated processes of the Midicair Toolbar virus. Access the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab from the task manager window. You need to delete the following associated processes of the Midicair Toolbar through the End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Now you need to remove the following associated files of the Midicair Toolbar virus from the system files folder at your earliest:-
- %Desktopdir%\Midicair Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Midicair Toolbar\Midicair Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries you have to open on the star menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, remove the following associated entries of the Midicair Toolbar:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Midicair Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Midicair Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Midicair Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Midicair Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Midicair Toolbar\DisplayName Midicair Toolbar
Close the registry editor, and restart the system once again in the normal mode. Update the existing antivirus program to run the complete scan on the system.